Discover Corps is proud to partner with AmeriCorps Alums to support international travel and volunteering. We are a private, service-based travel company that is pioneering new ways to explore life and culture around the world in a way that rejuvenates the human spirit.
As an AmeriCorps alum, you and your traveling companions are eligible for a 10% discount on all Discover Corps trips. Additionally, a portion of the proceeds from your trip fee go to support AmeriCorps Alums.
How Do I Book a Discounted Trip?
- Browse our trips.
- Pick your trip.
- Go to our Online Registration Form & input “AmeriCorps Alums” into the “Referred by” field (if you’re not an AmeriCorps alum, the alum you’re traveling with must fill out this part).
- Register everyone together with you (or the alum you’re traveling with) to make sure everyone receives the discount.
- Submit your Online Registration Form and a 10% discount for your group will be applied to the invoice that is mailed to you. The discount will not appear on the online form.
Terms & Conditions
- Discover Corps’ standard refund policy applies.
- At least one person in the cohort of travelers must be a member of AmeriCorps Alums.
- This discount cannot be combined with any other Discover Corps discounts.
- The discount only applies to the Discover Corps program fee, not the international airfare.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: There was a 20% discount I saw advertised with AmeriCorps Alums, how can I get that discount?
A: The 20% discount is a special that applies to any trip that is booked before February 29, 2016. This limited-time double discount can save over $400 per person — almost the cost of a plane ticket from a gateway city! Please note that this discount is expires at the end of February. After that, AmeriCorps Alums are still eligible for a 10% discount for any trip.
Q: Is AmeriCorps Alums operating this trip?
A: No, Discover Corps manages all trip registration and operations.
Q: Will there be other AmeriCorps alums on my trip?
A: Maybe. Maybe not. It depends on whether any other AmeriCorps alums book the same trip as you. Our trips are open to everyone, and are not reserved for AmeriCorps alums.
Q: Is Discover Corps directly connected to AmeriCorps or AmeriCorps Alums?
A: No. Discover Corps is a private travel company that has partnered with AmeriCorps Alums, the alumni association of AmeriCorps volunteers. However, there is no connection directly with AmeriCorps or AmeriCorps Alums. AmeriCorps is a civil society program supported by the U.S. federal government, foundations, corporations, and other donors engaging adults in intensive community service work with the goal of “helping others and meeting critical needs in the community.”
Q: How much do Discover Corps trips cost? How long are they?
A: For any trip-specific questions, including trip cost and length, please download the detailed itinerary for the trip you’re interested in.
Q: I saw another discount for Discover Corps. Can I combine that discount with my AmeriCorps Alums discount?
A: No, only one discount can be applied to your trip.
Q: Do I have to be a Peace Corps alum or have applied to Peace Corps to book a National Peace Corps Association (NPCA) trip?
A: No. These trips are open to anyone interested in community development and the work of the NPCA.
Q: Where can I learn more about Discover Corps’ mission, impact, and travel philosophy?
A: Please visit the About Us section of our website to learn about our organization, our travel philosophy and sustainable practices, our relationship with NPCA, and the impact you will have as a volunteer while you vacation.