Welcome to The Volunteer Traveler Blog!
Posted by Andrew Motiwalla on December 1, 2013
First visit to The Volunteer Traveler blog? Bienvenidos!
We’re here to answer all of your questions about volunteer vacations — as well as make the volunteer abroad experience come to life through photos and stories. (Want to know more about us? Click here!)
To help you get started on your volunteer travel journey, here are some of our favorite posts:
The Ethics of Volunteering Abroad
- Do Volunteer Vacations Do More Harm Than Good?
- What’s the Point of Volunteering Abroad?
- Is Voluntourism Bad? This Kind Is…
- Are Volunteer Vacations Sustainable?
- The 29 Best Baby Boomer Travel Blogs for 2015
- How a Volunteer Vacation Will Turn You Into a Global Citizen
- 10 Sustainable Travel Blogs You Should Be Following
- Why You Don’t Need a Partner to Travel
- Why Should You Pay to Volunteer?
- Is a Volunteer Vacation Right for You? Let’s Find Out
- How to Decide Where to Go on a Volunteer Vacation
- Are You Too Old for a Volunteer Vacation?
- 10 Tips for Staying Healthy While Traveling to a Developing Country
- How to Prepare Your Kids for a Volunteer Vacation
- What Should You Pack for a Volunteer Vacation?
Travel Photos & Stories
- Building a Bottle Clinic in the Dominican Republic
- What a Volunteer Vacation in Guatemala is REALLY Like
- Meet Andrew, Founder of Discover Corps
- Meet Catherine, Who Volunteered in Tanzania with Her Family
Questions? Comments? Get in touch!