Discover Corps Coronavirus Watch
Discover Corps continues to work closely with all of our partner suppliers to establish viability of operations around the globe. As of now, Discover Corps is operating in all destinations that do not require mandatory quarantining. We abide by all heath protocol set in place by the host-country. This includes the increased health and safety measures we’ve put in place on all of our tours as part of our Discover Corps COVID-19 Risk Management Manual.
As with all of our in-country operations, safety is our top priority. To remain informed of global and regional events worldwide, we rely on our partners around the world and trusted agencies to help keep our Travel Operations & Risk Management teams updated on current events.
Discover Corps, in conjunction with our sister organization Global Leadership Adventures and a team of risk management professionals, has developed a thorough set of policies & procedures for operating globally in this new age of travel. You can access the ever evolving COVID-19 Risk Management Manual via the COVID-19 Portal here.
We follow the most up-to-date information and updates from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), WHO (World Health Organization) and the US Department of State, and based on these guiding entities, make determinations to continue or postpone trips:
- United States’ Department of State
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
Should COVID-19 restrictions or border closures prevent us from operating a trip, we will postpone the departure and work with you to reschedule.
Canceling a scheduled trip or changing the travel date is subject to Discover Corps’ standard cancelation policy as outlined here.
Switching a date or trip:
Please note, your refund policy tier will carry over to your “new” trip (eg – for transfers less than three months prior to the trip, your new trip program fee will remain 25% refundable regardless of the new date). This refund policy applies to all money that has already been paid for the Discover Corps trip. This does not include flights. Please inquire with your Travel Insurance protection plan for coverage details.
Many airlines have stepped in to offer waivers on fees for flight changes to offer more travel flexibility. Here is an overview of current policies enacted by the major domestic carriers:
- American Airlines: American Airlines is eliminating all change fees for First, Business, Premium Economy and Main Cabin tickets for all domestic and short-haul international flying for tickets issued on or after August 31, 2020.
- Delta Airlines: Delta is waiving change fees and Award redeposit fees providing greater flexibility to travel using eCredits through December 31, 2022, for customers who purchased their ticket before April 17, 2020, and are scheduled to travel through March 31, 2021.
- JetBlue: See JetBlue’s updates ticket policy.
- United Airlines: United is permanently getting rid of change fees for most Economy and premium cabin tickets for flights within the U.S., or between the U.S. and Mexico or the Caribbean.
Discover Corps’ Protocol
Discover Corps understands there’s an inherent risk in traveling during a pandemic. It’s our aim to mitigate as much risk as possible within our control and deliver a safe travel experience for you and your family.
Here are the top 5 ways Discover Corps is operating with safety at the forefront of every trip:
1. True to our roots, we are delivering on small group travel. We will take a maximum of 12 travelers with an average of 6-8.
2. We are working closely with our partners on risk mitigation and are evaluating safety protocols on a bi-weekly basis.
3. We are requiring that all travelers provide a negative COVID-19 PCR test within 72 hours of travel -or- an at home antigen test within 24 hours of travel, regardless of vaccination status or whether the destination requires it.
4. Abiding by mask requirements where applicable.
5. We will be personally supporting you throughout the pre-departure process and during the trip to allay your concerns.
As of 6/12/22
As of June 12, 2022, CDC will no longer require air passengers traveling from a foreign country to the United States to show a negative COVID-19 viral test or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 before they board their flight. For more information, see Rescission: Requirement for Negative Pre-Departure COVID-19 Test Result or Documentation of Recovery from COVID-19 for all Airline or Other Aircraft Passengers Arriving into the United States from Any Foreign Country.
The best form of risk mitigation is by protecting your investment through Travel Insurance. Discover Corps’ preferred partner, Arch RoamRight can offer a quote and explanation of coverage should you or your family members get COVID-19 prior to your departure deeming you unable to travel or any other unforeseen reason preventing you from traveling. Travel Insurance can kick in to recoup any funds lost.
Questions or Concerns?
If you have any additional questions, please contact us at any time. We are happy to discuss with you the safety & health guidelines we have in place for operating travel with safety as a top priority. We look forward to discussing travel with you and making it a reality when you are ready!
Live Updates & Latest Information
- WHO: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Situation Report
- WHO: Advice for Public
- CDC: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- CDC: Facts about COVID-19 Vaccines