Discover Corps Coronavirus Watch
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a rapidly evolving situation causing growing concern across the globe and Discover Corps is committed to addressing all traveler questions or concerns relating to the developing matter.
As with all of our in-country operations, safety is our top priority. To remain informed of global and regional events worldwide, we rely on our partners around the world and trusted agencies to help keep our Travel Operations & Risk Management teams updated on current events.
We follow the most up-to-date information and updates from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), WHO (World Health Organization) and the US Department of State, and based on these guiding entities, make determinations to continue or postpone trips:
- United States’ Department of State
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
As of today, we’ve postponed our trips departing through April 30, 2020. Beyond that, we are continuing to watch how the situation develops. Should we be prevented from operating a trip due to COVID-19 restrictions, we will postpone the departure and work with you to reschedule.
To give you peace of mind, if you would like to pre-emptively switch, that’s also not a problem. Below is our lightened policy:
Our Lightened Change Policy
- If your trip is impacted by COVID-19 restrictions, we will postpone any trip with a minimum 30 days notice. You are free to transfer your funds at no charge anytime prior to the 30 day mark (see below)
- If your departure date is 31 or more days away: We are now offering travelers the option to relocate their funds to another country or departure date. Travel on a different trip in another country, change your travel date to something later in the year, or decide what you would like to do with your funds at any point in the future – no questions asked. 100% of your payment will be rolled over. Refunds will be calculated according to Discover Corps standard cancelation policy as outlined here.
- If your departure date is in 30 days or less away: You are subject to our standard cancellation policy and a non-refundable trip fee. However, we will work with you prior to your trip departure date to ensure that you do not miss this 30-day deadline should you want to transfer your trip.
This lightened policy will be utilized until May 1, 2020. Beyond this, we will reassess as needed and keep you updated here.
Please note, your refund policy tier will carry over to your new trip (eg – for transfers less than three months prior to the trip, your new trip program fee will remain 25% refundable regardless of the new date).
This refund policy applies to all money that has already been paid for the Discover Corps trip. This does not include flights. Please inquire with your Travel Insurance protection plan for coverage details.
Many airlines have stepped in to offer waivers on fees for flight changes to offer more travel flexibility.
- American Airlines: You can make a one-time change before your original departure date for tickets purchased between March 5 – 31, 2020
- Delta Airlines: No change fees for all tickets purchased between March 1 – 31, 2020
- JetBlue: No change or cancellation fees for flights booked between February 27 – March 11, 2020 for travel by June 1, 2020
- United Airlines: No change or cancellation fees for tickets issued March 3 – 31, 2020
Questions or Concerns?
If you have any additional questions, please contact us at any time. We look look forward to making your dream vacation happen – wherever that may be in the world!
- CDC: Travel Health Notices
- CNN: How Vulnerable is the Average Person to the Coronavirus?
- NPR: Coronavirus Is Contagious, But Kids Seem Less Vulnerable So Far
- BBC: Largest study suggests elderly and sick are most at risk
- ABC 10 News: Chinese health report says 80% of virus cases have been mild
Live Updates & Latest Information
- WHO: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak
- WHO: Situation Dashboard
- CDC: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- UNWTO COVID-19: Putting People First
- Global Rescue: Coronavirus Daily Updates