No trip to South America is complete without a visit to Iguazu Falls. The 275 massive waterfalls are divided between Argentina and Brazil providing vastly different views & experiences depending on what side they are viewed from. Surrounding these falls is exuberant scenery and wildlife including natural forests full of colorful birds and orchids.
This is also the perfect balance between the festive Carnival celebrations in Rio and relaxing nature. A short flight from Rio will take us to Iguazu where we will spend our days exploring the falls from both the Brazilian and Argentinian sides, taking a jeep safari through the wilderness and even a boat ride right under the spray of the crashing waterfalls. Each night, relax amongst the lush vegetation at our boutique hotel just steps away from the national park.
Extend Your Journey in Brazil
There really isn’t a better way to end your adventure through Brazil’s Carnival than with a visit to the iconic Iguazu Falls. A true nature retreat, this will be the perfect way to unwind & experience a different side of the country.
Where You’ll Stay
Comfortable & sophisticated, the Sanma Foz de Iguazu Hotel is just step away from Iguazu Falls National Park. Surrounded by lush vegetation, the hotel offers nature trails alongside a pool, spa and outdoor al fresco dining. This hotel was chosen for its balance of comfort and proximity to all of the sites in the region as well the Mediterranean style cuisine that is offered at the hotel’s restaurant. A perfect place to disconnect and experience the true beauty of Brazilian (and Argentinian) nature! (Note: Hotel subject to change based on final availability).
Take a short flight from Rio de Janeiro to Iguazu Falls in the far South of Brazil. After landing, we’ll take a short drive over to the Argentinian side to see the falls from an iconic viewpoint and have an authentic Argentinian-style dinner paired with Argentine wines. The following day, explore the natural walkways alongside the falls on the Brazilian side then explore the jungle by jeep searching for local wildlife.
Cap off the day with a boat ride down the river and under Iguazu Falls’ magnificent spray. The next day will be an adventure on the Argentinian side. Explore the National Park via train and explore the walkways along the top of the Falls filled with orchids, colorful birds and other wildlife. The highlight of the day will be the trek to the suspended platform on the edge of the Devil’s Throat – the largest of the waterfalls! Enjoy a relaxing Farewell Dinner before our flights home the following day.
Dates and Prices
Our extensions are inclusive of all activities, lodging, transport and most meals to make your experience hassle-free.
- Double Occupancy Price. Children’s pricing applies to travelers 16 years old and younger sharing a room with an adult
- *Price does not include a mandatory one-way flight supplement of $375
- Single Room Supplement = $395
- *Note: Even if you opted not to pay the SRS, if we are unable to find a suitable roommate for you then you will be required to pay the SRS at a later time
- 3 nights at a boutique 5-star hotel steps away from the National Park
- All meals throughout the extension including a three course dinner paired with Argentine wines
- All ground transportation including airport transfers, boat & train rides
- All activities and entrance fees
- Expert local guide
- $50,000 emergency medical evacuation insurance
- 24-hour Discover Corps emergency hotline
What’s Not Included:
- Most alcoholic beverages
- Tips for the local guides and drivers
- $375 one-way flight supplement (you are also responsible for your International flight back home from Iguazu Falls)
This extension can be added to the end of the Brazil: Rio Carnival festival departure