How Can We Help?
How old do you have to be to travel on a trip? Is there an age limit?
Our trips are open to all travelers 18 years and older and families with kids as young as 5 years old. There are no maximum age as long as you are comfortable with the activity level on a trip. Contact a Travel Specialist for details about the specific trip you’re interested in if you have concerns.
Below are the recommended minimum ages for children on each of our trips. Please let a Travel Specialist know if you would like to book a trip with a child younger than these recommended ages so we can ensure we have everything needed for a successful trip.
- Australia: Beachside Wildlife Adventure – 5 years
- Belize: Research & Conservation Experience – 8 years
- China: Panda Conservation Adventure – 6 years (those under 12 years have different activities at the panda research center)
- Costa Rica: Family Volunteer Adventure – 5 years
- Costa Rica Eco Rainforest Adventure – 7 years
- Costa Rica: The Sea Turtle Initiative – 6 years
- Costa Rica: Wildlife Safari – 6 years
- Croatia: Dolphins & Islands Expedition – 6 years
- Cuba: Building Bridges – 5 years
- Cuba: Celebration of Arts & Culture – 12 years
- Cuba: Family Island Exploration – 8 years
- Cuba: Havana Weekend Getaway – 15 years
- Cuba: Preserving Nature’s Wonders – 8 years
- Dominican Republic: Heart & Soul of the Caribbean – 10 years
- Galapagos: Family Volunteer Vacation – 6 years
- Japan: Cultural Odyssey – 7 years
- Kenya: Safari & Service – 7 years
- Oaxaca: Women & Girls’ Empowerment – 7 years
- Peru: Children of the Andes – 8 years
- South Africa: Wildlife Conservation Experience – 6 years
- Tanzania: Safari & Service – 6 years
- Thailand: Elephants & Islands – 8 years
- Thailand: The Baby Elephant Experience – 8 years
- Uganda: Gorilla Conservation Adventure – 15 years