Looking for a Summer Vacation Close to Home?
With current events and travel concerns rising across the globe, Alaska is a destination that allows you to stay safe and close to home without having to give up your summer vacation.
As America’s last frontier, Alaska boasts a nearly endless amount of natural beauty, but dig below the surface and you will quickly see that there is an overriding sense of concern amongst the local population about the changing climate, rising seas and environmental degradation. Journey to three different towns in Alaska where you’ll meet with conservationists and researchers to learn more about important projects happening throughout the state, in addition to seeing all the must-see sites.
Our trips to Alaska are limited to 12 travelers so you can see more of Alaska alongside like-minded travelers.
- Valid for one round-trip flight from Seattle to Anchorage (leaving at 7:15am) for each person that registers. If you do not want to fly through Seattle, Discover Corps will provide you with a $350 discount per traveler
- Only 24 spaces available. Available on first-come, first-serve basis
- Valid only in conjunction with any Discover Corps scheduled trip to Alaska
- Cannot be combined with any other discount (including our alumni discount)
- Balance must be paid in full 30 days after registration for tickets to be booked. Once flights are booked, your flight fee is 100% non-refundable and flight switches are not possible
- Discover Corps will offer the $350 credit/person after booking or book all flights once your balance is paid in full
- Discover Corps trip must be booked by March 31, 2020 (but you can travel during any schedule departure!)
- Not redeemable for cash or transferable
- Not valid for private groups
“I am ecstatic to bring Discover Corps’ travelers to my home state of Alaska. Having grown up between the ocean and mountains, I’m instilled with a deep appreciation for the abundant beauty this wild state has to offer. Across the Kenai Peninsula, you’ll encounter an array of wildlife with the chance for learning in every direction. Come visit my backard for the Great Exploration!”
Discover Corps Travel Specialist
Ready to Book?
Other Popular Destinations Close to Home
Visit Oahu and Maui and go behind-the-scenes with conservationists on both land and sea. Lend a hand collecting data on a sea turtles and coral, experience a snorkeling excursion with the Pacific Whale Foundation, volunteer at a local family eco-farm, and more!
In addition to the world-class food of Oaxaca City, spend time with the Zapotec community deep in the hills. Participate in dyeing and weaving workshops, cooking classes, chocolate making classes, and learn from a nonprofit that provides micro-finance loans for the women.
Swim with friendly sea lions, snorkel with sea turtles, meet wild giant tortoises up close while helping out at a tortoise reserve, and more. Experience one of the world’s most pristine environments.
A volunteer vacation in Costa Rica that allows you to help endangered sea turtles, visit an animal rescue center, and explore the rainforest by zip line, river raft and horseback.
Volunteer alongside local conservationists to protect the endangered West Indian manatee. Along the way, you’ll explore tropical rainforests, pristine beaches and a vibrant fun-loving culture.
A vibrant immersion into arts, music, and culture. Meet artists, musicians, and more! Visit Havana, Trinidad, Cienfuegos.
Why Discover Corps?
Discover Corps Vacations with Purpose allow families to spend quality time together helping others while also learning more about themselves. Each of our programs has a wide range of activities that are accessible and fun for people of all ages, as well as flexibility and downtime built into each itinerary.
Loaded with a wealth of entertaining and educational resources, our staff are experts at creating a comfortable, safe and fun environment. Contact us with any questions!