Australia is unlike anywhere else on earth. Incredible wildlife, sunny skies, lush coastal forests and a sparkling Pacific coastline only scratches the surface of what this country has to offer. We’ll start the journey on Australia’s Gold Coast, an area blessed with miles of pristine beaches and crystal blue waters. Visit a World Surfing Reserve, head deep into the rainforest on the hunt for waterfalls & kangaroos, take a coastal walking tour with an indigenous guide and spend an afternoon at a koala conservation center. Then head north to Cairns to uncover the Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest, the world’s oldest rainforest!
A Behind-the-Scenes Wildlife Experience
Spend several afternoons with a leading wildlife conservation park participating first-hand in the center’s mission to protect Australia’s vulnerable species. This is a level of access that very few have the opportunity to experience.
Over the course of the trip, lend a hand and go behind-the-scenes at a local wildlife conservation park on the Gold Coast known as David Fleays. Help the rangers care for the park’s wallabies, koalas and kangaroos as well as improve the park’s infrastructure, plant trees and get a behind the scenes perspective on these curious creatures. We’ll also take a full day trip out to the Great Barrier Reef alongside a Master Reef Guide to learn about the ways Australia is protecting this natural gem. This will be a journey of true wildlife exploration on both land and sea!
Where You’ll Stay
During our time on the Gold Coast, we’ll be based at the 4-star Surfer’s Horizon Resort, a spacious set of beachside apartments surrounded by nature. All apartments have air-conditioning and are completely self-contained with fully equipped kitchens, laundry, balconies and double or single occupancy rooms. There is an pool for the kids to play in and plenty of sunshine to relax under.
We’ll end the trip with three nights at the 5-star Crystalbrook Bailey in Cairns. This high-end, art-inspired hotel puts us at the doorstep of the Great Barrier Reef, the bustling Cairns sea walk and the Daintree Rainforest. It will surely be the grand finale of this epic wildlife adventure!
Arrive to the sea and sand of Australia’s Gold Coast and unwind in your accommodation just steps from the beach. Spend the first days getting acquainted with area, enjoy a traditional Australian BBQ, and venture to a koala conservation center. You will also get the rare opportunity to spend time caring for wildlife and shadowing rangers over the course of four half-days at David Fleay Wildlife Sanctuary.
End the trip with three nights in Australia’s tropical northern city of Cairns. Take an evening tour of the city’s seaside esplanade, spend a full day exploring the Great Barrier Reef by boat and take a river cruise through the world’s oldest rainforest, Daintree Rainforest.
Read More Discover Corps Reviews
Rating: 5/5 stars
Dates and Prices
Our trips are inclusive of all activities, lodging, transport and most meals to make your experience hassle-free.
- Double Occupancy Price. Children’s pricing applies to travelers 16 years old and younger sharing a room with an adult
- Single Room Supplement (single room in shared enclosed apartment) = $1295.
- Note: Even if you opted not to pay the SRS, if we are unable to find a suitable roommate for you then you will be required to pay the SRS at a later time
- 9 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 4 dinners
- Transportation in private vehicles
- 6 nights lodging in a 4-star beachfront apartment-style hotel on the Gold Coast
- 3 nights lodging at 5-star hotel in Cairns
- Volunteer project at David Fleay Wildlife Conservation Park
- All scheduled activities and excursions
- Discover Corps Guide that accompanies you throughout the trip
- $50,000 emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Trip literature and pre-departure support from Discover Corps
- 24-hour Discover Corps emergency hotline
What’s Not Included:
- Tips for Discover Corps guide/driver
- International Airfare
- Australia Visa
- $200 one-way domestic flight supplement
Our intimate, small-group departures consist of like-minded travelers. Don’t see a date that works? Want to make it private? Schedule a personal travel consultation and we’ll make it happen.
November 19-28, 2023
February 18-27, 2024
April 28-May 7, 2024
June 2-11, 2024
July 14-23, 2024
August 4-13, 2024
November 17-26, 2024