Meaningful Travel for the Whole Family
Discover Corps Family Vacations with Purpose allow families to spend quality time together, both lending a hand and learning more about themselves. Whether it’s a wildlife conservation project, helping with children in schools, or learning about the history of an ancient city, purposeful projects and volunteer vacations can bring out the best in a family by unifying them around a common goal. Each of our trips has a wide range of activities that are accessible and fun for people of all ages. Plus, multi-generation and skip-generation trips are very common!
Best of all, families of six or more who join an existing trip qualify for our group discount. Contact us to learn more!
What Makes our Trips Family Friendly
There are a few different things that we keep in mind in order to ensure our trips work for families with young children, teenagers, and multi-generational travel.
- We work to connect children with the youth of the destination country. This might include painting a school with students, participating in an after-school music program, visiting the home of a family in a remote village, and more!
- We focus on kid-friendly meal options and meal times. Traveling abroad can be tough if you have a picky eater, so we’ve done the legwork to ensure there are options for everyone.
- We build free-time into all itineraries, allowing everyone the space they need to relax and reflect.
- We try our hardest to offer accommodations with a pool!
- We know traveling as a family can get expensive, so families of six or more qualify for our Group Discount.
Loaded with a wealth of entertaining and educational resources, our staff are experts at creating a comfortable, safe, and fun environment. We help you’ll join us!
Request a catalogRequest a catalog
Let your children or grandchildren discover the world in a way that never would be possible from the confines of a classroom. It’s easy to make a Discover Corps trip into an adventure with tremendous educational value. Have your children research each country to determine the right destination for your family. Once you’ve chosen your country, have them learn about its history and culture. While you’re on the trip, get them journals and help them write each day, and also make sure they take their own photos. Upon returning home, your children can combine the research they’ve done with their stories and photos to create a book or presentation to share at school, church, or their favorite club.