For any world traveler, Bhutan is the ultimate destination. Nestled in the snow-capped Himalayan Mountains, this is a country that has withstood the pressures of modernity. Bhutan is the last great Himalayan kingdom and a place where traditional Buddhist culture meets an society that prides happiness and sustainability as their central philosophies. This is a land where ornate monasteries and traditional villages sit amongst a landscape of pristine Himalayan forests.
The Discover Corps journey through Bhutan is one that will take through Bhutan’s culture, history and stunning natural landscapes. Experience the breathtaking Phobjikha & Punakha Valleys where meadows, mountains and serene wildlife all come together. Explore traditional villages meeting with Buddhist monks, visiting local schools and learning to make Bhutanese cuisine with a local chef. Gaze in awe at Tiger’s Nest, a stunning monastery built into a cliff. Each night, rest in our portfolio of luxury lodges and experience true Bhutanese hospitality.
A High-End Cultural Immersion in the Himalayas
We’ve sourced some of the best local guides to introduce you to this once-in-a-lifetime destination. Meet with inspiring local leaders, artists and musicians which only Discover Corps has access to.
A trip to one of the world’s most culturally protected civilizations would not be complete without spending time with the locals. Our journey will take us to a village school where you’ll meet with students and teachers to see how modern the education system is in Bhutan. Meet with a master guru to see how important spirituality is Bhutanese culture. In the capital, Thimphu, visit the Gross National Happiness Center and learn why Bhutan is deemed the Happiest Country on Earth. Along the way, we’ll share meals with some of the most inspiring thought leaders in the country today – from rising artists and musicians to a group promoting women’s empowerment through the country’s first and only women’s magazine.
Where You’ll Stay
We have hand-picked a portfolio of high-end, boutique lodges for your stay in the kingdom. Begin the journey at the luxury, 4-star Hotel Druk nestled in the relaxed and elegant capital of Thimphu. Continue on to the verdant Phobjikha Valley where we’ll stay at the Dewachen Hotel & Spa, a property encircled by pine forests in the heart of the valley. Continue to the 24-suite luxury Dhensa Boutique Resort in Punakha and end the trip in Paro’s Naksel Boutique Hotel. Experience true Bhutanese hospitality in this 4-star high-end retreat nestled on the edge of a national forest adjacent to a small Bhutanese village. On our pre-night in New Delhi, we’ll stay at a 5-star property next to the airport.
The trip begins with one night in New Delhi, India where you will stay at a 5-star hotel next to the airport. The next day, catch a short group flight to Bhutan and begin our epic journey through the kingdom. Visit traditional temples and tea houses, meet with a group of Buddhist monks and learn why Bhutan is the happiest country on earth. Savour the slow pace of life that the Bhutanese are known for.
Continue to the magical Phojikha and Punakha Valleys in Bhutan’s countryside. Visit a local school, meet with community leaders and visit the country’s most iconic monasteries. We’ll even learn to make Bhutanese cuisine during a cooking class with a master chef. End the journey back in the Paro Valley venturing up to Bhutan’s most famous temple – Tiger’s Nest. Depart back to New Delhi on the final day for our final journey back home.
Your Expert Local Guide
Discover Corps’ expert family of guides around the world are by your side throughout the journey. Please note that the actual guide may vary from date-to-date.
Pelden is one of Discover Corps’ expert guides in Bhutan. After working as a music teacher for many years, Pelden decided to leave and travel around his home country of Bhutan. It was at this very moment that he realized how much he loves the excitement of getting up each morning and not knowing exactly how the day would unfold and the surprises and pleasures it would bring. Pelden loves working and learning from people, spending time and playing music with them. With almost ten years of leading tours under his belt, Pelden is excited to show you the wonders of Bhutan.
Optional Post-Trip Extension
Discover Corps’ post-trip extensions allow you to extend your experience beyond the core itinerary and explore unique corners of the destination.
New York City, NY
Read More Discover Corps Reviews
Rating: 5/5 stars
Dates and Prices
Our trips are inclusive of all activities, lodging, transport and most meals to make your experience hassle-free.
- Double Occupancy Price. Children’s pricing applies to travelers 16 years old and younger sharing a room with an adult *
- Single Room Supplement = $995 *
- Note: Even if you opted not to pay the SRS, if we are unable to find a suitable roommate for you then you will be required to pay the SRS at a later time *
- *Price does not include a mandatory $750 round-trip flight and visa supplement. This includes round-trip flights between New Delhi and Paro as well as the visa required to enter Bhutan.
- Double-occupancy lodging in Bhutan at 4-4.5 star hotels for 7 nights
- All meals throughout the journey in Bhutan
- One night lodging at 5-star hotel next to New Delhi, India International Airport along with Airport Meet & Greet and transfers.
- Expert Bhutanese guide to support, guide, and inform you throughout the trip
- All reliable transportation with experienced drivers
- Admissions and entrance fees to national parks and other scheduled events throughout the trip
- Meetings with interesting local and cultural leaders throughout the trip
- The mandatory Sustainable Development Fund tariff required by all tourists entering Bhutan
- $50,000 emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Discover Corps pre-departure support including full service visa processing
- Turnkey customer support from preparing for your trip to arrival back home
What’s Not Included:
- Tips for Discover Corps guide and driver
- Meals during the New Delhi portion of the trip
- International Airfare
- $750 round-trip flight and visa supplement into Bhutan
Our intimate, small-group departures consist of like-minded travelers. Don’t see a date that works? Want to make it private? Schedule a personal travel consultation and we’ll make it happen.
Nov 18-26, 2023
April 6-14, 2024
June 15-23, 2024
August 3-11, 2024
November 16-24, 2024