Meaningful Travel for All Ages
Discover Corps family Vacations with Purpose have always put a focus on multi-generational and skip-gen (grandparents and grandchildren only) travel. We recognize that grandparents and grandchildren have different needs and wants, but everyone wants to be able to spend time together. It’s a blend you have to work hard to make happen, but it is possible with the right type of trip and paying attention to the right details such as accommodation choices, wake-up times, flexibility, and more.
Whether it’s a wildlife conservation project, helping with an education project alongside children in schools, or learning about the history of an ancient city, purposeful projects and volunteer vacations can bring out the best in a family by unifying them around a common goal.
Best of all, families of six or more who join an existing trip qualify for our group discount of up to $350 off per person!
What Makes our Trips Great for Multi-Generational Travel
There are a few different things that we keep in mind in order to ensure our trips work for families with young children, teenagers, and multi-generational travel.
- We work to connect children with the youth of the destination country. This might include painting a school with students, participating in an after-school music program, visiting the home of a family in a remote village, and more.
- We focus on kid-friendly meal options and meal times. Traveling abroad can be tough if you have a picky eater, so we’ve done the legwork to ensure there are options for everyone.
- We build free-time into all itineraries, allowing everyone the space they need to relax and reflect.
- We try our hardest to offer accommodations with a pool!
- We know traveling as a family can get expensive, so families of six or more qualify for our Group Discount.
Loaded with a wealth of entertaining and educational resources, our staff are experts at creating a comfortable, safe, and fun environment. We help you’ll join us!
Request a catalogRequest a catalog
Let your children or grandchildren discover the world in a way that never would be possible from the confines of a classroom. It’s easy to make a Discover Corps trip into an adventure with tremendous educational value. Have your children research each country to determine the right destination for your family. Once you’ve chosen your country, have them learn about its history and culture.
While you’re on the trip, get them journals and help them write each day, and also make sure they take their own photos. Upon returning home, your children can combine the research they’ve done with their stories and photos to create a book or presentation to share at school, church, or their favorite club.