Register by Mail or Fax
To book your trip by mail or fax, click here to download the booking form. (pdf file)
Please fill out the registration form and send it to:
10509 San Diego Mission Road, Suite S
San Diego, CA 92108
Or fax the form to 1-619-684-3673
Terms and Conditions
It just takes $395 per person to book a trip. This consists of a $30 booking fee per person and a $365 deposit per person.*
The remainder of the trip fee is due 30 days after booking for the trip or 60 days prior to departure, whichever comes first. Certain portions of the trip fee are refundable, depending on the date of the refund request. If a participant chooses to withdraw for any reason prior to the departure, Discover Corps must be notified in writing. The refund will be calculated according to the date on which Discover Corps receives this notification.
The amount of your refund is based on how far in advance from the start date of the trip you notify us of your cancellation.
- More than five months prior, everything is refundable!
- Less than five months prior, 75% of trip fee is refundable, except non-refundable $30 booking fee. There is no fee to change trip destination or start date.
- Less than four months prior, 50% of trip fee is refundable, except non-refundable $30 booking fee. $100 fee to change trip destination or start date.
- Less than three months prior, 25% of trip fee is refundable, except non-refundable $30 booking fee. $395 fee to change trip destination or start date.
- Less than two months prior, the trip fee is non-refundable. Changes to trip destination or start date are not possible and will be subject to refund policy.
If the balance has not been paid in full, the above percentages apply to all monies paid at the date of cancellation.
Transfers will be charged the applicable fee to change trips. Additionally, your refund policy tier will carry over to your new trip (eg – for transfers less than three months prior to the trip, your new trip fee will remain 25% refundable regardless of the new date).
NOTE: Participants who have purchased trip cancellation insurance will be refunded by the insurance company until the departure date of the program.
NOTE: Our parent company, Terra Education, focuses on educational travel; therefore the merchant code assigned to Discover Corps is “School and Educational Services” and could impact how you plan to expense this trip.
Trips that are not Guaranteed to Run
Discover Corps requires a minimum number of travelers before confirming a departure and allowing flights to be booked (typically 4-5 travelers). The deadline for Discover Corps to guarantee a departure is 90 days prior to the trip’s start date. If the trip is guaranteed before that, the Travel Coordinator will notify the traveler as soon as possible.
If Discover Corps is unable to guarantee a trip by 90 days prior to the trip start date, all monies paid will be refunded*. If the traveler’s flexibility allows to move into another date that is confirmed, that option is available without a change fee.
If upon booking your trip is not yet guaranteed to run, here are the payment options:
- Pay in full, 30 days after booking;
- Start an interest-free monthly payment plan. All payment plans must be scheduled with balances paid in full by 60 days prior to the trip start date;
- If you would like to wait to make a payment until your trip is guaranteed to run, you will be subject to the following balance due conditions:
- If your trip is confirmed at 90 days from the date of departure, you will have 7 days to pay the final balance
- If your trip is confirmed at 91+ days or more from the date of departure, you will have 30 days to pay the final balance
If the traveler requests to cancel at any point, the traveler is subject to the Cancelation Policy, and Terms & Conditions (see first section above). Change fees may be waived if you would like to move to another date before the trip is confirmed. Please speak to your Travel Coordinator about any change requests.
*Terms & Conditions and refund policies are slightly different for the Uganda: Gorilla Conservation Adventure. Please visit here for those specific terms & conditions.
*On any Galápagos Islands trip, the deposit required will be $600 and non-refundable. On our Amazon Extension, the deposit required will be $300 and non-refundable.