Join us in the Dominican Republic May 23-30, 2020
South Atlanta REIA is excited to be teaming up with Discover Corps for a “Properties with Purpose” vacation, bringing you to the beautiful Dominican Republic. The trip will take place May 23-30, 2020.
We’ll spend our time in several rural communities, including Haitian migrant communities, to build schools, medical clinics and houses out of reusable plastic bottles. Besides cleaning the community of waste, these bottle structures teach environmental awareness, open the community to new building techniques and provide a sense of ownership as we come together as one to instill the communities with vital infrastructure.
Become part of a rural community on the north coast of the Dominican Republic. While only 45 minutes from the tourist resorts, you’ll feel like you are worlds away, experiencing the island as the locals do. You’ll live surrounded by idyllic Caribbean beaches, tropical mountain landscapes and the vibrant culture of the Dominican people. We’ll visit Haitian migrant communities and have time to relax on world-class beaches.
- Help to build houses and medical clinics out of reusable plastic bottles
- Participate in a bee-keeping project with a local bee-keeper
- Cool off in the freshwater lagoons of an ecological park
- Snorkel over crystal blue Caribbean waters
- Volunteer in communities of displaced Haitian immigrants known as bateys
- 7 nights double occupancy in standard level lodging
- All meals throughout the trip
- English-speaking guides that are there to support, guide, and inform you throughout the trip
- Admissions and entrance fees to national parks, historic sites and other scheduled events throughout the trip
- All transportation during the trip
- $50,000 emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Trip literature and customer support from preparation to arrival back home
What’s Not Included
- International airfare
- Alcoholic beverages
Travel Specialist | Discover Corps
South Atlanta REIA contact
Click below to save your spot on this trip with a $365 deposit and $30 non refundable booking fee per person.