There is simply no better place in South America to coexist with the animal kingdom than the Amazon Rainforest. Tucked in one of the most remote corners of the Amazon Jungle, Tambopata National Reserve is home to some of the best wildlife sightings and pristine nature that the jungle has to offer. Combined with the comfort of the renowned Tambopata boutique eco-lodge, you’ll be at ground zero for an experience unlike any other. Spend four days exploring with the local guides. Whether it’s scouting for jaguars, monkeys, birds, insects and amphibians, taking a night a hike to see nocturnal wildlife, or taking a boat along the river, each day will be a true adventure.
Extend Your Journey in Peru
There really isn’t a better way to end your adventure through Peru than with a visit to the iconic Amazon Rainforest. Macchu Picchu and the Amazon on the same trip? Only with Discover Corps.
Where You’ll Stay
Our home-away-from-home in the Amazon will be Tambopata Research Center, a boutique eco-luxury lodge located in the heart of the national reserve. This 24 room hotel mixes pristine nature with upscale amenities including a spa in the middle of the jungle. At your doorstep are a range of wildlife from insects to monkeys to macaws. This is truly a one-of-a-kind experience that cannot be replicated anywhere else on the planet!
After arriving in the evening from Nairobi, unwind with a welcome dinner with your guide and settle into your boutique hotel for the evening. The next morning, take a guided tour of Stone Town visiting all of the must-see sights including the Sultan’s Palace and Freddy Mercury’s house. Then venture off the coast to Prison Island, home of Zanzibar’s largest giant tortoise sanctuary. Meet these gentle giants and take a swim in the warm Indian Ocean waters before dinner in town that evening.
The next day we’ll set off to the northern part of the island which is home to Zanzibar’s most beautiful beaches. Settle into Amaan Beach Bungalows and take in the relaxed oceanfront views. Choose to swim, snorkel or relax on the beach, it is an independent day to chart your own course. Enjoy an evening dinner together under the stars. On the final day, visit a local spice farm for an unforgettable lunch and tour through the greens before departing Zanzibar in the evening for your flight home.
Dates and Prices
Our extensions are inclusive of all activities, lodging, transport and most meals to make your experience hassle-free.
- Double Occupancy Price. Children’s pricing applies to travelers 16 years old and younger sharing a room with an adult
- Single Room Supplement = $300 *
- *Note: Even if you opted not to pay the SRS, if we are unable to find a suitable roommate for you then you will be required to pay the SRS at a later time
- 3 nights at a boutique rainforest eco-lodge
- All meals throughout the extension
- All ground transportation including airport transfers and boat rides
- All activities and entrance fees (shared at the resort)
- Expert team of local guides
- $50,000 emergency medical evacuation insurance
- 24-hour Discover Corps emergency hotline
What’s Not Included:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Tips for the local guides and drivers
- $200 one-way flight supplement (you are also responsible for your International flight back home from Puerto Maldonado)
This extension can be added to the end of any Peru: Wonders of the Sacred Valley departure