Imagine an ancient temple complex wrapped in vines and hidden in the vast equatorial jungle. This is Angkor Wat, a sprawling series of temples that are over 900 years old. As the center of the once mighty Khmer Empire, we’ll explore this ancient city with our dedicated guide diving into the beauty and grandeur of this UNESCO World Heritage Site.
In addition to visiting temples and Angkor Wat, experience the famous Cambodian performance setup by refugees of the Khmer Rouge era as a way to promote the arts and traditional Khmer culture. Then take a dive deep into the local culture where a monk will perform a private blessing ceremony before an opportunity to explore the breathtaking gardens of a Khmer art studio in Siem Reap. Each night, settle into the charming four-star Treeline Urban Resort right in the heart of Siem Reap’s leafy center.
Extend Your Journey in Thailand
This journey to Cambodia will take you to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Angkor Wat. Tucked deep in the jungle, uncover a vast temple complex that has become the icon of Cambodia and Southeast Asia as a whole.
Where You’ll Stay
Live in the heart of Siem Reap’s leafy Cultural Quarter at the Treeline Urban Resort, a gorgeous 4-star boutique hotel that was designed in conjunction with local artisans and renowned Cambodian architect Hok Kang. This charming hotel has a spa, restaurant, pool & fitness center all surrounded by lush tropical gardens making you feel comfortable and right at home. A truly luxurious stay to end your Southeast Asia adventure.
Take a short flight to Siem Reap, Cambodia where you’ll be welcomed by your guide. Enjoy an evening dinner and relax at your boutique hotel for the evening. Spend the next day at the iconic Angkor Wat temple complex arriving to see the temples at sunrise. Explore Bayon, also known as the temple of faces, and Ta Phrom, the temple made famous by Angelina Jolie in Tomb Raider. Your guide will narrate the history of each temple as you make your way through the jungle.
The next day visit Banteay Srei, also known as the Citadel of the Women, followed by a private blessing ceremony with a local monk. We’ll then make a visit to a fascinating organization working to remove landmines from Cambodia’s countryside. In the evening, enjoy a performance that tells the story of modern life in Cambodia. The final morning make a visit to an iconic art co-op before your evening departure flight from Cambodia.
Dates and Prices
Our extensions are inclusive of all activities, lodging, transport and most meals to make your experience hassle-free.
- Double Occupancy Price. Children’s pricing applies to travelers 16 years old and younger sharing a room with an adult
- Single Room Supplement = $295 *
- *Note: Even if you opted not to pay the SRS, if we are unable to find a suitable roommate for you then you will be required to pay the SRS at a later time
- Price does not include mandatory domestic flight supplement
- 3 nights at a 4-star boutique hotel in Siem Reap
- All meals throughout the extension
- All transportation in private vans
- All activities and entrance fees to temple sites
- Expert local guide throughout the extension
- $50,000 emergency medical evacuation insurance
- 24-hour Discover Corps emergency hotline
What’s Not Included:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Tips for the primary guide and driver
- International airfare
- $300 per person one-way flight supplement (this additional cost will be included in the final price after booking and is coordinated by Discover Corps)
This extension can be added to the end of any Thailand: The Elephant Experience or Thailand: Elephants & Islands departure.