Iguazu Falls is one of the famous sites in all of South America if not the world. The 275 massive waterfalls are divided between Argentina and Brazil, and provide vastly different views and experiences depending on what side they are viewed from. In the “Land of the Falls”, travelers can revel in the splendor of the natural forests, rivers and lakes. We’ll spend four days exploring the Falls by both boat and jeep as well as uncovering the colorful birds and wildlife that inhabit this lush landscape on a true jungle safari. Venture to the “Devil’s Throat” to visit a suspended platform overlooking the falls by day and enjoy a 3 course Argentinian dinner paired with wines by night. A perfect way to end your Carnival experience!
Extend Your Journey in Brazil
Iguazu is considered one of the Seven Wonders of the Natural World and the second you experience the Falls you will see why!
Where You’ll Stay
Our home-away-from-home in Iguazu is a lush oasis just steps from Iguazu Falls. Enjoy the 4-star Sanma Hotel’s spacious pool, luxurious spa, gardens, and walking trails throughout the property. Indulge in Mediterranean-inspired cuisine at the onsite restaurant or try local wines at the Wine Bar. The property sits in the middle of a tropical forest and perfectly blends nature with access to one of the Seven Wonders of the Natural World (Note: Hotel subject to change based on final availability).
Take a short flight from Rio de Janeiro to the far south of Brazil on the Argentinian border. Arrive to your hotel, meet your guide and cross into Argentina for a unique dinner party where you will learn how to make your own empanada as well as taste a selection of fine Argentinian wines. The next day we’ll embark on a guided tour of the Brazilian side of the Falls. Take in the panoramic views while continuing through the national park in an open-air jeep. Then hop on a
boat for a thrilling ride down the river and into the spray of the crashing waterfall! The next day, we’ll venture to the Argentinian side of the Falls taking a small train to the “Cataratas”, an area filled with orchids, colorful birds, and other wildlife. The highlight will be the visit to the suspended platform at the very brink of the “Devil’s Throat” – the largest of the waterfalls! Enjoy dinner back on the Brazilian side before flying home the following day.
Dates and Prices
Our extensions are inclusive of all activities, lodging, transport and most meals to make your experience hassle-free.
- Double Occupancy Price
- Mandatory One-Way Flight Supplement = $375
- Single Room Supplement = $395 *
- *Note: Even if you opted not to pay the SRS, if we are unable to find a suitable roommate for you then you will be required to pay the SRS at a later time
- 3 nights at a boutique 4-star hotel in Iguazu
- All meals throughout the extension
- All ground transportation including airport transfers and boat rides
- All activities and entrance fees (shared at the resort)
- Expert team of local guides
- $50,000 emergency medical evacuation insurance
- 24-hour Discover Corps emergency hotline
What’s Not Included:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Tips for the local guides and drivers
- $375 one-way flight supplement (you are also responsible for your International flight back home from Iguazu)
This extension can be added to the end of the Brazil: Rio Carnival Festival trip