Located directly at the bottom of the African continent, Cape Town is truly at the convergence of diverse geography, landscape and cultures. Towering over the city, Table Mountain provides the natural backdrop to this cosmopolitan city where cultures from Africa, Europe, the Middle East and Asia come together in a unique melting pot. Venture outside the city and uncover a rugged coastline replete with waddling penguins, vast vineyards with some of the world’s best wines and white sandy beaches.
On this 5 day/4 night post-trip extension, experience the very best that Cape Town has to offer. Take a full city tour to all of the must-see sights including a trip up to the top of Table Mountain, venture offshore to Robben Island and drive the winding coastline to witness one of South Africa’s largest penguin colonies. End the journey with your choice of a whale watching tour or a tour through the famous winelands in the valleys just inland.
Extend Your Journey in South Africa
Known as the “Mother City”, Cape Town is hands down one of the most uniquely positioned cities in the world. A place where the Indian and Atlantic Oceans meet with mountain backdrops in every direction, no journey to South Africa would be complete without a visit to Cape Town.
Where You’ll Stay
The lovely Sweet Ocean View Guesthouse, a mansion that was renovated to create five guestrooms, is situated in Sea Point along the Atlantic Seaboard. With a charming view of Table Bay from the roof terrace and Lion’s Head from the Jacuzzi, connect with the natural surroundings of Cape Town within just a short drive to the city center. Amenities include air conditioning, Wi-Fi, TV, and a fresh breakfast each morning.
Cape Town is a place that really takes a few days to truly uncover. Relax in the parks and cozy cafes of Cape Town in the afternoon while exploring the city’s thriving culinary scene in the evening. Hop on a bicycle and take a socially-responsible tour through a Xhosa township to meet and interact with the local community (walking tours available for those that don’t ride a bicycle).
Take in the 360 degree views of the city from the top of Table Mountain then venture by boat to Robben Island, the home of South Africa’s political prisoners during Apartheid. Spend a full day venturing along the wine route sampling fine South African wines and chocolates or scouting for the Marine Big 5 including humpback whales from a boat – the choice is up to you!
Dates and Prices
Our extensions are inclusive of all activities, lodging, transport and most meals to make your experience hassle-free.
- Double Occupancy Price. Children’s pricing applies to travelers 16 years old and younger sharing a room with an adult
- Single Room Supplement = $350 *
- *Note: Even if you opted not to pay the SRS, if we are unable to find a suitable roommate for you then you will be required to pay the SRS at a later time
- *The price does not include a mandatory one-way domestic flight supplement
- 3-star bed & breakfast lodging in coastal Cape Town neighborhood
- All meals – breakfasts. lunches & dinners.
- All airport transfers
- Expert local guide that is there to support, inform and guide you throughout the trip
- Reliable transportation with experienced drivers
- Admissions and entrance fees to national parks, historic sites and other scheduled events throughout the trip
- An active daily itinerary including day trips and visits to the area’s must-see sights
- $50,000 emergency medical evacuation insurance
- 24-hour Discover Corps emergency hotline & turnkey customer service
What’s Not Included:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Tips for the primary guide, driver, housekeeping and local guides
- $150 per person one-way domestic flight between Johannesburg and Cape Town (you will see this $150 added at checkout)
This extension can be added to the end of any South Africa: Wildlife Conservation Experience departure.