Known to be one of the greatest physical spectacles in all of Africa, Victoria Falls is the world’s largest sheet of falling water and can be seen over 20 miles away. Due to their sheer power and size, they are known locally as “The Smoke that Thunders.” The falls border Zimbabwe, where you will visit, and Zambia and run along the Zambezi river.
Spend a night in Johannesburg then take off on a 2-hour flight from Johannesburg to Victoria Falls, settle in with dinner at an award-winning restaurant with fantastic views of elephant and other wildlife as you enjoy your meal. The next day experience a full morning tour of Victoria Falls, taking in the awe-inspiring beauty and grandeur of the falls (these are twice as high as Niagara Falls!). Venture out onto the Zambezi on a sunset dinner cruise before a completely free day the next day to explore. For the adventurous, you may consider a helicopter ride over the top, bungee jumping off Victoria Falls Bridge, jet boating, or whitewater rafting.
*Please note: This extension does not have a dedicated guide. All activities will be guided and there will be an appointed concierge to help with any requests and booking of activities.
Extend Your Journey to Zimbabwe
One of the original natural wonders of the world, the Victoria Falls is breathtaking and not surprisingly a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Extend your journey from South Africa to friendly nation of Zimbabwe to get a completely different perspective on the region.
Where You’ll Stay
Lokuthula Lodge will be your base during the 3 nights spent in Victoria Falls. Translated as “Place of Peace” in the local Ndebele language, Lokuthula is set amongst tranquil, indigenous gardens where warthogs roam and mow the lush lawns. The lodge borders the Zambezi National park and a nearby waterhole attracts a wide variety of wildlife including buffalo, elephant, hyena and birds.
Each house on the property has two rooms with shared bathrooms and a beautifully designed common area. During the first evening in Johannesburg, unwind in between flights at 4-star hotel complete with a pool and set amongst a leafy neighborhood near the airport.
Spend the first evening at a 4-star hotel just outside of the Johannesburg Airport. Enjoy a relaxing dinner together before our flight to Zimbabwe the next day. Upon arrival to Victoria Falls, we’ll settle into our charming boutique hotel and have dinner together at Makuwakuwa Restaurant, an award-winning restaurant that overlooks a wildlife drinking hole.
Set out on a guided tour of Victoria Falls the following morning to witness this natural wonder. Venture to a craft market in the afternoon and hop on a dinner cruise along the Zambezi River in the evening. The next day is a free day to book a range of optional activities. Enjoy a final four course farewell dinner, drum session & performance at the famous Boma Restaurant.
Dates and Prices
Our extensions are inclusive of all activities, lodging, transport and most meals to make your experience hassle-free.
- Double Occupancy Price. Children’s pricing applies to travelers 16 years old and younger sharing a room with an adult
- Single Room Supplement = $395* (Please note: this will ensure you have your own room, but you may have to share a bathroom given the layout of the hotel)
- *Note: Even if you opted not to pay the SRS, if we are unable to find a suitable roommate for you then you will be required to pay the SRS at a later time
- *Price does not include the one-way international flight supplement to Victoria Falls ($350 additional supplement, which you will see added at checkout)
- 4 nights boutique hotel lodging in Johannesburg & Victoria Falls
- 7 meals throughout the extension
- Ground transportation and airport transfers
- Expert local guide during your visit to Victoria Falls, who will also aid in recommendations for unguided days
- $50,000 emergency medical evacuation insurance
- 24-hour Discover Corps emergency hotline & turnkey service
What’s Not Included:
- Alcoholic beverages
- One-way domestic flight to Victoria Falls ($350 additional supplement, which you will see added at checkout)
- Tips for the activity guides
- Any extra activities that you book through the lodge on free days
- 2 dinners, 1 breakfast, and 1 lunch
This extension can be added to the end of any South Africa: Wildlife Conservation Experience departure.