Bangkok is a city unlike any other – with tuk-tuks and people filling the streets and the smell of Pad Thai around every corner, it’s the hustle-and-bustle that brings this city to life. Marvel at gorgeous historic temples with shimmering gold domes as you weave your way through the narrow city streets.
On this 3 day/2 night post-trip extension, sail up the iconic Chao Phraya River, experience a traditional “floating market”, travel by train and boat to the majestic Wat Pho and Grand Palace, and dive deep into the local culture with a tour of a family-run workshop producing monks’ alms bowls. This is an expert-guided journey through the must-see sights of this fascinating Asian metropolis.
Extend Your Journey in Thailand
Bangkok is a complex urban experience. But what is so fascinating about this city is its ability to capture the traditional side of Thailand including the vast temple complexes with the modern amenities of a world-class city. Compliment your time in the North or South of Thailand with the buzz of big city life.
Where You’ll Stay
We’ve hand chosen one of Central Bangkok’s finest 4-star boutique hotels for your stay in the city. This modern hotel is located in the heart of all the action and puts you at the front door of one of Asia’s greatest city. The salt-water rooftop pool and fitness center offer stunning views of Bangkok, making it easy to relax after your long trip and just before your Bangkok adventure begins.
Wake up to the bustling streets of Bangkok before hopping in a tuk tuk to explore the city streets. You’ll find yourself floating the city’s canals, hopping on the Skytrain to see the city from above, and walking through markets to get a true feel for the culture and energy of the city.
Marvel at historic temples before finding traditional Thai cuisine for lunch. Whether it be a ride down the river to new parts of town, traditional markets (including a floating market!), or a visit to a local family-run workshop, each day peels back a layer of what life is like in the country’s capital city.
Dates and Prices
Our extensions are inclusive of all activities, lodging, transport and most meals to make your experience hassle-free.
- Double Occupancy Price. Children’s pricing applies to travelers 16 years old and younger sharing a room with an adult
- Single Room Supplement = $195 *
- *Note: Even if you opted not to pay the SRS, if we are unable to find a suitable roommate for you then you will be required to pay the SRS at a later time
- Price does not include mandatory domestic flight supplement
- 4-star lodging in the heart of Bangkok
- All meals throughout this extension
- All transportation in air-conditioned vehicles, including airport transfer to your hotel
- Expert local guide that is there to support, inform and guide you throughout the trip
- Admissions and entrance fees to national parks, historic sites and other scheduled events throughout the trip
- An active daily itinerary including day trips and visits to the city’s must-see sights
- $50,000 emergency medical evacuation insurance
- 24-hour Discover Corps emergency hotline & turnkey service
What’s Not Included:
- International airfare
- $200 per person one-way domestic flight to Bangkok (this additional cost will be included in the final price after booking and is coordinated by Discover Corps)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Tips for the primary guide and driver
This extension can be added to the end of any Thailand: The Elephant Experience or Thailand: Elephants & Islands departure.