Chiang Mai is the cultural epicenter of Thailand, where golden Buddhist temples and bustling markets are situated between peaceful, lush mountainsides. The streets are filled with carts selling Pad Thai, monks shuffling along temple-lined streets, and monkeys flying from tree to tree.
On this 4 day/3 night post-trip extension, experience the colorful landscapes and cultures of Northern Thailand with a cooking class, city tours, historic sites, and plenty of time to relax and enjoy the beauty of the North. Visit the White Hmong hilltribe, the Chang Khein Coffee Research Project, get a traditional Thai massage, and visit Warorot Market to sample Thai desserts and experience local life. Stop at Wat Phra That Doi Suthep and marvel at the exquisite gilded stupa, or golden Buddah. Situated on a mountain rising high above the city, this sacred pagoda offers fantastic vies of Chiang Mai from above.
Extend Your Journey in Thailand
A visit to Thailand is not complete without a few days in Chiang Mai, the hub of traditional culture, religion and cuisine. This extension will take through the must-see sights of the city while also venturing out to nearby hill tribe communities, a true glimpse into Thailand’s past.
Where You’ll Stay
The Bodhi Serene is a charming 4.5 star boutique hotel that sits amongst the temples and tree-lined streets of the old city. The beauty of this property is its ability to offer true serenity and relaxation right in the center of one of Thailand’s greatest cities. Relax by the pool, take in the traditional architecture and design of the property and step outside to the buzz of Chiang Mai’s historic city center.
Arrive in Chiang Mai and settle in to our boutique hotel in the old city. Venture out on an evening walking tour of the city watching as monks gather for their evening prayers and Warorot Market, the hub of local life, comes alive. The next day we’ll visit some of Chiang Mai’s oldest temples along with the a relaxing Thai massasge.
In the evening, we’ll take a stroll to the majestic Wat Chedi Luang template before a cooking class together. The next morning we’ll head to the mountains to visit Wat Doi Suthep, a temple overlooking the city. Continue to a hill tribe village and coffee farm before a relaxing farewell dinner in town.
Dates and Prices
Our extensions are inclusive of all activities, lodging, transport and most meals to make your experience hassle-free.
- Double Occupancy Price. Children’s pricing applies to travelers 16 years old and younger sharing a room with an adult
- Single Room Supplement = $295 *
- *Note: Even if you opted not to pay the SRS, if we are unable to find a suitable roommate for you then you will be required to pay the SRS at a later time
- *Price does not include a $200 one-way domestic flight supplement
- 4.5 star lodging in Chiang Mai
- Dinner on the first and second night, and breakfast everyday
- All transportation, including airport transfer to your hotel
- Expert local guide that is there to support, inform and guide you throughout the trip
- Admissions and entrance fees to national parks, historic sites and other scheduled events throughout the trip
- An active daily itinerary including day trips and visits to the area’s must-see sights
- $50,000 emergency medical evacuation insurance
- 24-hour Discover Corps emergency hotline & turnkey service
What’s Not Included:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Tips for the primary guide and driver
- 3 lunches and 2 dinners
- $200 one-way domestic flight supplement
This extension can be added to the end of any Thailand: Elephants & Islands departure.